Friday, April 23, 2010

Funny Things To Get Excited About!

Isn’t it funny the things you get excited about?  I am getting a washing machine today, which I am so thrilled about.  It shows how pathetic my life really is if I can get this happy about an appliance. 

This must be what happens when you get older.  I can’t think of getting
excited over a machine that washes dirty clothes.  Can you?

Even when we went looking for a washing machine, it was a big deal. I had no idea how many washing machines are out there and how many gadgets they have.  Of course, the more gadgets the more expensive.  When I went out looking, I thought I just wanted a washing machine.  One that washes and gets the clothes clean and not to sound like an infomercial but something that gets Whites White. I was in for a rude awaking and a real education there is more to the washer than just getting my whites clean!

Okay, here is the scenario you walk in to the store and you know you can’t just go to one store anymore.

They have such a selection of washers they have washers with the front load,
This is the new trend in washers and they have the open doors so you can watch your wash go around and around.  Sounds like fun and may I ask do I really have time to watch my wash.  I can imagine me telling my husband I watched the wash washing today and you need to sit down and watch this when you get home tonight.

They have those stands too for the washers and dryers and this is where it gets medical. The sales woman told me these stands are for people who have bad backs.  Is she kidding?  If I have a bad back, do you really think I am doing the laundry? Those stands also come with a hefty price tag. For that kind of money, I might just see the chiropractor.  Now the big thing is no agitator.  I didn’t even know what an agitator was. It sounded like a word you shouldn’t use in public….

The sales woman is selling me the no agitator telling me all the big things I can wash in there.  Did she think I have a pet Elephant that I am going to be bathing daily?  How many big things do we wash?  Okay, maybe a comforter but the way she was describing it I could maybe wash my car in there too.

These sales people act like they are showing you diamonds talking about the grades and how they are rated and how it sparkles and it won’t lose its luster.  My gosh, it is a washing machine!  I mean I am excited but it is not like I can wear it on my finger and tell everyone look at my new washer and have everybody ooh and ahh over it. 

Yes, it comes it different colors too! Did you know that washers are now in so many colors?  They are not boring anymore. The sales woman said I could decorate with these colors too.  Wouldn’t that be cute buying your sofa now so it matches your washer?

Like I said, it was an education.  I didn’t buy the washer with all the bells and whistles but it does have some cool stuff on it where it does glow at night.  Not really, but wouldn’t that be very cool!  It glows and gets your whites whites! 

Now, my mission is to show my husband and children where the washer is located and show them it is user friendly…


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Especially about sharing it with the fam-bly!

    ReplyDelete