Thursday, April 22, 2010

Marriage Makeover Anyone?

What I need is a marriage makeover!  They do every other kind of makeover so why not a marriage makeover?

Wouldn’t that be tempting?  A marriage makeover you know where you get your husband to turn into that hot guy who was that polite, sweet, flirting guy that knew just what to say and how to fall at your feet and tell you and show you how much he loved you.  That would be a cute trick! Where is that Man?
I’ll tell you in my house that man is a married man…..enough said!

I don’t really need a marriage makeover but the idea is appealing, isn’t it?

I don’t get it you get married and they sell you with that idea since you are a little girl that it will be happily ever after. (So far we are still together and happier more days than not) but, you buy in to that whole fairytale where your Prince Charming will come along, fall in love with you. Then, he rescues you and marries you. Okay, move forward many years in to the future and have some children hopefully his, then POOF reality sinks in, and you are married!
You then wake up next to this man that you said “I do” and “for better or worse” and have to think am I still dreaming?  I did not sign on for this!

My husband is truly a wonderful guy.  He makes me laugh.  Sometimes he does pick the kids up from their various activities and sometimes when he is feeling like Emeril will cook for us and say “BAM”!
 He is getting close to having his own cooking show.  He watches enough of them and tells me how good all the food looks….

What is funny is he use to help with the kids quite a bit when they were younger and then one day went on a business trip and when he came back I had to ask who he was because he was not the same guy. I did not know who this man was! He came home a different man and he believed I was the hired help you know without the paycheck.

One time when I wanted to go out with my girlfriends for dinner, my son who was only about five at the time began whining that I was leaving.  I told my son, “you see that guy on the couch with the remote control introduce yourself that’s your father”

Even now if my husband gets sick which I must say is rare but when he does the whole world shifts on its axis and God forbid if he has a hang nail the whole world is ending…..maybe when the Mayan’s were talking about the world coming to an end it was a Mayan woman and her husband had a hang nail. What do you think?

What is with husbands especially mine that when he comes home he has to be in command? I felt like I was on the Starship Enterprise last night and Captain Kirk comes home and feels he has no responsibilities. He turns the Bridge over to me, Scotty   He then uses the remote to channel surf the galaxy for the next 4 hours!  He does use the communicator to bore me with what a rough day he has had and then asks what's for dinner?
You can imagine what I said! 
I felt like one of the Klingons and said the famous Klingons proverb: "Revenge is a dish that is best served cold"

He doesn’t ask what’s for dinner anymore!






2 comments:

  1. See, a blog post! Good job!

    Susie
    www.motherhoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Jan!!!! It's amazing how we share the same man....

    ReplyDelete