Monday, May 24, 2010

Falling In Love

I came across an article a few days ago about how to find love in 27 days.  All I have to say is Yikes!  I guess you could fall in love with anything in about a month.  Look when you see a child’s face when they get a new puppy. They are in love! I mean head over heels in love.


I think it is a funny concept because I do not need to find love and believe me I am not looking for love but my idea would be how to stay in love after 27 days. That would be key, don’t you think?


Remember when your palms were clammy, you were nervous, your heart had that extra irregular beating in your chest and your tongue was dry and you lost weight without trying. I know it sounds like heart attack symptoms but those are also symptoms of falling in love and it is the most fantastic feeling in the world.
 
Everyone remembers the first time they fell in love or at least thought it was love.  It was exhilarating and you were humming and happy. It was like a walking on clouds. That feeling when you fall in love with the man you will share your life with is the most blissful time in your life and it is something you do not forget. You also have that feeling again, when you see your first child born and you see that sweet face looking up at you.  It is an indescribable feeling. It is such pleasure that I would love to bottle it and breathe it in every day.


I went out to dinner with my husband not too long ago and we were sitting there when a couple obviously very much in love were sitting down a table across from us and I said to my husband,  “I would love to feel like that again and he said,  “we are like that.” I said,  “No, we don’t blatantly flirt with one another anymore like we use to and our conversations are not about us anymore.” I thought then that our conversations are usually about our children and school and all the other normal stuff married people talk about. Seeing that couple made me ask myself why after you have that feeling of falling in love do we forget how that feels like after years of marriage?  Do we get so comfortable with each other or do we just take each other for granted?


Is it that our lives get so busy with our children, work, school and everyday stuff that we forget what got us here in the first place?  I want to know where does that feeling of falling in love that elation, that joy, that happiness, where our feet do not touch the floor. Where does it all go?  


Do we only bring that feeling back out when our children do something to make us proud or when it is a special occasion?  Why can’t we feel like that for days. months or every year.


It reminds me of the song by the Righteous Brothers, “Lost That Loving Feeling”


Let me know what you think and where does that loving feeling go?



.








1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. But there are times I see Jim in a while different light and the whole pitter patter comes back to my heart. Then I feel the lust.

    But we've only been married 12.5 years. Maybe that will go away too.

    ReplyDelete