Monday, May 3, 2010

Is It Just Me or What

Do you go through the whole day and see some wild stuff, you know strange where you just have to shake your head?  I am not sure if it annoys me or is it just stupid things you see or hear and you just say to yourself, is it just me.

Let’s take joggers, why do joggers jog on the street and not on the wide sidewalk?  How about bicyclists why do they ride their bikes on the sidewalk and not on the street?

How about all these people texting and on their cell phones when they drive? Don’t you just wonder what is so important that they just cannot concentrate on driving?

How about when you are at a red light and somebody pulls up along side of you and the music is blaring and the bass is turned up and you car begins to rock.

Have you ever been backing out of a parking space, there is a person who is facing you and trying to park in the next open space and doesn’t give you any room to drive forward so you can exit.  Are they afraid you are going to take this parking space? Do they not realize you are exiting?

How about people who drive through red lights?  Now you know they saw the yellow light and they do know that the yellow light means slow down and prepare to stop. So, may I ask why they run the red light? Do they really think that they are going to out run it?

What is when you are driving to work, dropping off the kids or just doing an errand and you come to a red light? You look over and you see a man or woman and they stare at you and you smile not a smile like a laughing hyena but a smile nevertheless and they look at you as if you have two heads and then they look away.

Have you noticed the same reaction when you go in to a Starbucks, people are sitting there, you walk in, and everybody looks up to see who has entered the shop? When I see somebody look up at me, I usually smile or say hello.  People will either just put there head back down or they just give me a look. You know that look as if you have just been reprimanded.  What is with people don’t they realize it doesn’t cost anything to be nice?  It is not as if I want to engage in any conversation with them just trying to be friendly.

How about when you are shopping at the grocery store, you are in the lane that has 10 items or less, and you see the person in front of you have 25 items.  Does this person think that the person at the register does not know how to count?  The cashier has a computerized register that prints how many items you have.  Do they really think they are going to pull a fast one over on the cashier?

Again, when you are at the grocery store, you are in the cash only line, and the person in front on you has a credit card and now is trying to argue with the cashier.

How about when you have a manicure done and the people do not speak or understand English until you talk money.  When they talk and laugh, you know they are talking about you as they are looking right in your eye while they are laughing.

How about when you are in a restaurant when there are free refills, the waiter takes your glass, and you have not even finished the one you were drinking.  Maybe, I don’t want another soda. 

How about if you are at McDonalds and all soda’s are $1.00 and they ask you what size?  Why would people buy a small when they can buy a large for the same price?

How about when people us the word “like” in every sentence and have that affected valley girl twang. 

How about when you give someone a compliment and they respond with “Oh, I know isn’t this cute?” instead of Thank you.

Have you ever had this happen to you?  You are in the middle of a conversation with someone and right before your eyes, they take out their phone and begin texting while you are talking to them?  Isn’t that like talking when I am talking or does that not count because their lips are not moving?

How about when you are talking to someone and they begin to interrupt you and begin a new conversation about themselves or even better yet they want to top your story

How about you have a gazillion cable stations and there is nothing on to watch. Also, in my house there are only five stations I really only watch.

How about when you call the cable company when one of the cable stations is not working and you have to love this they have to send a tech out and you know they can fix it right from the office because they have in the past.

This is classic in my house when there are wet towels on the floor and cups all over the place and dishes in the sink not washed.  You would think I had guests, right?  No, it is just my kids who think they are living in a hotel and the maid is coming in any second to clean up after them.

This is another thing I have to shake my head and ask, “Is it me?” it is when my birthday is approaching my husband will ask me either a day before or sometimes on my birthday “What did you want to do for your birthday?” or “What can I buy you?”  Now, I find this maddening! It isn’t like he doesn’t know the day of my birthday or have a year to prepare if needed. He would even have plenty of time a month ahead if he cared to give it some thought.

I am sure there are so many silly things that you have to shake your head at.
What do they say we should not sweat the small stuff but why does it seem that life is getting stranger and crazier with what people do.  I have a new remedy instead of shaking my head I just smile and laugh…

No comments:

Post a Comment