Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dating Again

I have been married so long that I cannot even count the years. At least I can say though I have been married all these years to the same man.  I have a friend who has been married for 20 years and the reason her relationship has lasted so long is that she was involved with more than one person. 


She is now into dating again and I have to say thinking about dating again gives me the heebee geebies. It would be terrifying to me!

I cannot even begin to understand how I would go about dating if I were single.  To actually have to think about flirting again…I mean what would I flirt about the only thing in my vocabulary lately is TV shows my kids watch which are icarly, code lyoko, total drama island. You can see the conversation would be titillating to say the least. To actually carry on a conversation with a male adult for several hours without mentioning my kids would be impossible.

I do not know if I could survive dating all over again. The thought of getting dressed up to impress a man with my fashion sense would be hysterical and to not be able to wear my jeans would be a big step in my life.

When I think of dating, it would be like a job interview you show the date your resume an as many years as I have being married I know right there I am overqualified for this relationship and let’s be honest here, would I be silly enough to want to do the marriage thing again?

What is with online dating?  Who in their right mind would trust talking in a chat room or on the internet talking to perfect strangers?  Like we are that naive to believe we are really talking to the guy who sends his picture of himself and he looks exactly like George Clooney. Yeah, that sounds like fun dating!

What is scary is all that Match.Com out there that you see advertised.  Do you really want a computer to match you up to your soul mate?  Sounds a little whimsical, doesn’t it?

I have heard those speed-dating places where you have 7 minutes of conversation with someone and then a bell is rung, and the man moves on to meet the next date. It is called a flirting version of musical chairs. Would these 7 minutes be for talking?  Do I really need 7 minutes to tell me this guy is a real psycho in 5 minutes? 

The thought of dating keeps me happy that I am married because to have to go out and have to date again would take too much work….




No comments:

Post a Comment