Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Hey, it is Fathers Day and that is one more day that we honor the men in our lives. Our own Father or stepfathers or grandfathers and the man who is the father of our children.

It is a day that dad should be appreciated and we should shower him with kindness and love but it is somewhat silly to do that when let’s be serious isn’t that what we always do with our husbands or at least fake it? I mean to make a special meal, isn’t that what we have been doing all our married lives at dinnertime.

I woke up to my husband cooking which he loves to do but I could not tell you what he was making. Then he switched to cooking pancakes and bacon. I told him I would cook but he enjoys cooking so I want him to be happy. Well, two hours later I cleaned the kitchen and really have just had enough of Fathers Day for another year.

My husband is mowing the lawn, which he seems to take great pleasure in, and who am I to take that away from him. My lot in life is to make him happy and so far my job is done for today. For Fathers Day to give him a tie or soap on a rope just will not do. He usually finds contentment in dickering around in the yard and usually does jobs that only require one and to see him that gratified gives me joy! He will come in later shower and sit in front of the TV remote in his hand and he will be a happy man. I love the small pleasures in life, don’t you? Do I know how to treat my man on Fathers Day?

To all of our men in our lives Happy Fathers Day! Here is a special quote,
“Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad.”

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. My dad never wants anything for Father's Day. I made him a card, but he did not read it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never forget that day you called when your dad passed away! Happy Fathers Day to your dad Jan.
    Wish my husband would mow the lawn. I have to do it or it will look like a jungle out there! Happy Fathers Day to me! LOL!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim's out trimming the lawn! lol Happy Father's Day to you Jim!

    ReplyDelete