Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rainy Days

Do you like hearing the raindrops striking against your window?  To me it is a calming sound when it is raining so lightly. The melody of the rain is soothing and can put you in a mellow mood or even back to sleep.

Why does the rain make us docile where we do not feel like doing anything not even getting out of bed?  I often think it would be a great day to blow off and do nothing.

My kids say that rainy days make them feel bored and tired. Of course, they would be the first ones outside dancing in the rain doing a happy dance in a downpour. 

When it is raining, I feel like curling up with a good book or a movie preferably a romance.  Why is that? 

I know people who love the rain and love thunderstorms. Rain sometimes makes people blue and no pun intended under the weather.

Why does the rain affect our moods where we feel like slugs?  I usually feel lazy and my mood is more somber than usual. When I see it raining, I think of big tears coming down from the sky.

Not only does rain play with us psychology, but also physically as well where we wake up with a headache or achiness all over and we just feel like doing nothing.

I love when it rains a light drizzles and the sun is still shining.  Those are my favorite rain showers.

I know we need the rain to make things green and grow and I do love how it smells when it rains. I love the next day after it rains everything seems so clean and not to sound cliché but a new beginning. 

I just wish we did not have to have any rainy days….



1 comment:

  1. I love a good storm! Thunder and lightning! The louder the better. I do have to agree that today--the day after a dreary rainy day--just seems brighter than usual. The grass and sky are glowing!

    ReplyDelete