Monday, June 7, 2010

Kismet

When you think of Kismet, you think of words like fate, luck, fortune, and destiny.  When I think of this word, I think of a friend of mine who is named Susie. She is such a witty, fun loving easygoing kind of gal and I am proud to be her friend.

She and I have met several years ago at a writing convention and we just hit it off immediately.  It is like one of those friendships that just click.  We were on the same agenda in trying to get an agent to love our book.  Needless, to say that dream has kept our friendship alive.

Susie is a writer and she has written a book.  However, she says her book is still mocking her from her shelf.  She has a blog and I am sure you have heard of it and it is called Motherhoot.com.  Her tagline is Moaning, Groaning and Laughing about Family Life. She writes funny and she reminds me a bit of Janet Evanovich whom we both adore. 

Susie keeps telling me that she wants to be like the Blogress, which is one of her favorite blogs. She says this woman is funny and makes her cry.  I want to tell Susie that she already is the Blogress.  After you read Susie’s blog, you will know what I mean.  Susie writes funny and is witty.  She has such a natural and pleasant way about her.

She has already won an award for her Motherhoot blog and very close to being number one best blog very soon.  She has a segment on her blog about writing and she has even reviewed books on her blog.  She is now doing recipes on her blog and I hate to say it but she is putting Rachael Ray to shame.  No wonder she has so many followers on her blog and so many friends.  She is on twitter and on facebook too.

I feel it was kismet that brought us together and serendipity that made us friends.

 


1 comment:

  1. OHMIGOD! Thank you, Jan! I agree our meeting was kismet. I consider you one of my very best friends!

    hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete